Advocacy Day 2015
It’s time to register for this year’s Advocacy Day!
Follow the link to browse this year’s brochure, register online, print a registration form or register as a sponsor.
The Association has updated their 2007, 20 Year Needs Assessment of Local Highway and Bridge Infrastructure.
Local system pavement need over the next 15 year period is estimated at $31.95 billion. Local system bridge need over the upcoming 15 year period is $2.85 billion. Given that 46% of the vehicle miles travelled in New York are on local roads, then local governments should be receiving an additional $1.3 billion annually.
The Association seeks to:
- Act as a medium of instruction in highway construction and maintenance
- Ensure better and safer highways
- Provide efficient public service
- Realize economies, through exchange of ideas, cooperation, and coordination
- Promote and support legislation that will benefit the best interest of the people in the towns
- Promote the principle of Home-Rule
- Defend the town form of government